Blue Angels Air Show

On Sunday, May 16 (my dad's b-day -- Happy Birthday Dad!), we went to the Blue Angels Air Show at Andrews Air Force Base. It was really cool. They had a bunch of planes/helicopters on display, but the lines where ginormous for most of them so we really only saw the cockpit of one jet.  Albert was in heaven!  He was like a kid in a candy store with all those planes he learns about in school.  He kept telling me the names of all of them.  Here is just a sample of many pictures Albert took that day.



There were a lot of demonstrations going on that were pretty cool.  The Team Oracle one was really cool.  I was sure he was going to crash to the ground so many times.  Thankfully he did not.


Here is a video I shot and Albert helped me put the clips together.  It's cool so you should check it out.






This C-130 is called "Fat Albert" and he follows the Blue Angels around with all their stuff.


The Blue Angels getting ready to go!  Check out that AfterBurn.


The Blue Angels fly a group of six fighter jets, five F/A 18-As and one F/A 18-B. The team flies two different shows at the same time, the "diamond" group of four fighters, as well as two solo planes.


The fighters fly as close as 12 to 18 inches apart at speeds greater than 400 miles per hour.




My favorite :)  It's like watching fireworks.


Here's another video Albert helped me put together with all the clips I took of the Blue Angels.

Comments

kimi + joe said…
So cool! We've wanted to go for 2 years now but always seem to have other plans when the show is happening. I guess we'll just have to plan on next year!

Popular Posts