Recipe of the Week: Gluten-Free Crepes

We hadn't made crepes for awhile so I was really happy when Albert decided to make some. Here's the crepe recipe we found when I was first diagnosed. It tastes just like normal crepes. So good!

Ingredients:  
  • 1 c rice flour
  • 1 t sugar
  • 1/4 t salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c milk
  • 1 T butter, melted
  • 1 t vanilla


Directions: 
  1. Combine flour, sugar, and salt.
  2. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  3. Add enough milk to make a thin batter.
  4. Beat until smooth. Stir in melted butter.
  5. Pour 3 T of batter into a lightly greased skillet.

A few months ago a friend was kind enough to make me gf crepes when I went to a baby shower that were made of corn starch and they tasted good too. It's an easy alternative if you don't have rice flour on hand.

We made dessert and savory crepes. My favorite one was Albert's creation of banana, peanut butter, and chocolate. It was so good!


Here are the steps Albert used to make the savory crepes with tomatoes, mushrooms, mozzerella, and basil. They were tasty!



These win a 5 out of 5 in my book.  I'd eat them any day of the week.

Comments

Popular Posts