Easter Dinner

We were lucky to munch on Easter dinner with these fabulous friends from church.  There were babies and kiddos and it was the first time I've seen a kid's table at an event held away from family...we're growing up! 

The decorations were fun and the food was delicious.  Everything was gobbled up!  Ashlee brought cheesecake straight from New York and there was no glutenous crust to get in my way of eating a slice.  It was soo good.  You know when there's real cream cheese.


Albert volunteered to photograph the event and took some great pics.  Here are my favorites:

wide-eyed Baby Boston



flying Baby Ruby



the gang munching on great food



Ethan & Thomas chatting it up at the kid's table



the ever-gracious Kim took this one of us.  I think it turned out quite well :)



After we ate Rachel suggesting having a hard boiled egg competition where you hit the tips of your eggs together and whoever's egg emerges unscathed wins, (as seen in the photograph below). Albert took me and a few others out of the running, but lost when a fellow competitor cracked Albert's egg...all over my back.


Imagine our surprise when we discovered (the hard way) that Albert's egg somehow escaped the boiling pot and went straight on to decoration, which wouldn't have been a problem for me except that the egg battle took place over my head while I was leaned over finishing up my cheesecake.  Rachel fixed me up and got all the pesky egg whites off my back.  No biggie, just went straight into the laundry basket when we got home.

This dinner was a great way to end a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Comments

Shannon said…
Hey Tif, It's Shannon Shaner - from USAID/Pal-Tech. Randomly came onto your blog and I enjoyed looking at your pics. I also thought it was funny that a girl from my hometown was over at your place for Easter. Ashlee Cutler ___ (I don't know her married name.) She's awesome we hung out together a lot at Utah State and she was the one who told me about internships in D.C. Tell her I said hi. It's nice to see what you've been up to and I'm glad to know you're still liking events in D.C.

Popular Posts