DC Bluegrass Festival

On March 27, after a short rest, Albert and I went to the Langley High School to watch the last couple hours of the DC Bluegrass Festival.  The USO was nice enough to get us free tickets and we like bluegrass so it was a nice way to end a busy day.

We watched two bands, the first of which was called Michael Cleveland & Flamekeeper.  They were a traditional bluegrass band and fun to watch and listen to.  I find that bluegrass bands are usually pretty funny, cracking jokes all the time.  Well, they're funny if you can understand their thick southern accents :)  This band was no exception. 

The lead vocalist was funny and was a good singer, plus he looked a lot like my high school physics teacher who was pretty cool so I immediately liked him.  The fiddler, despite his blindness, was really good and the banjo player is only 19 and looked like a guy who served with me as a missionary so I of course liked him too.


The second band was Mountain Heart.  They played some traditonal songs, but also threw in more modern sounding songs.  I thought the vocalist was incredible and liked the piano.  The banjo player was good too and I can't figure out how he does it with most of his fingers missing.


I liked them so much I took some video of their music.  They were too far away to get decent quality on the actual video, but the sound turned out ok so I'm going to include them anyway.


Comments

Popular Posts