AVATAR

We held off on seeing all time highest box office grossing movie in the world until Wednesday, March 3, after 10 weeks being in theatres. I really wasn't interested in seeing it all, but Cousin Jake and his girl friend promised that AVATAR was worth seeing and recommended IMAX 3-D.


We figured if we were going to see it, we would do it right. We actually tried to see it last weekend, but it was sold out! I think my low expectations really helped me enjoy the movie even more. We figured that the story was going to be super lame, but it was kind of cool. There were some interesting concepts in it and made me think about the draw back of "guns for hire" and the benefits of mating for life. 


It sort of took environmentalism to a whole new level by becoming one with the environment. The overall story was a bit much, corporations bad/academic folk good. It did draw me into the culture of Na'vi and I really wanted to be there and experience the nature that exists on Pandora.  It was super long, but it didn't feel long. It was a beautiful movie and the 3-D made it even cooler. 

{By the way, what is up with every movie coming out in 3-D lately? I am really excited about Alice in Wonderland though.}

Comments

kimi + joe said…
Glad you liked it. Sometimes - especially with movies it's helpful to have really low expectations. That's how I got through Transformers :)

Popular Posts