Recipe of the Week: Tiramisu Pudding

I tried another Hungry Girl recipe on November 23, 2009. We used to occasionally make tiramisu, something I learned how to make while living in Italy as a missionary (if you're interested the recipe is in our favorite recipe section on the bottom right-hand side of this blog), but once I was diagnosed with Celiac that all went out the window. Luckily I found this Tiramisu Pudding recipe which gives me the same sort of taste without the wheat or the calories.


You can find the recipe here along with a few other Hungry Girl recipes. I stuck close to the original recipe except I didn't have 4 tablespoons of Splenda so I only put in one. It was still really good and we'll definitely be making it again. I'd give it 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 166 calories, 1g fat, 297mg sodium, 24g carbs, 0g fiber, 7g sugars, 14g protein -- POINTS® value 3* MAKES 1 SERVING

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
  • 1/2 container Jell-O Sugar Free Vanilla Pudding Snack
  • 1/4 cup Cool Whip Free, thawed
  • 2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder

Directions:

Combine the ricotta cheese, pudding, Cool Whip, Splenda, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Sprinkle with cocoa powder. Dig in!

I doubled the recipe, but made three servings so my nutition facts state less calories than what the recipe states. It received a D+ nutitional grade so don't have it for breakfast.

Comments

Popular Posts