Recipe of the Week: Meatloaf

As a child there were two things I refused to eat; meatloaf and Brussels sprouts. I haven't had Brussels sprouts since I was a kid so I'm not sure if I'd like them now, but I now LOVE meatloaf and beg Albert to make it for me occasionally. On one such lucky day we took these pictures:


We use this recipe and substitute gluten-free bread crumbs or oatmeal. It makes 4 servings under 300 calories and gets and A- nutritional grade. I give it 4 1/4 stars out of 5.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
  • 1 egg
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup dried {gluten-free} bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper to taste

topping
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
  • 1/3 cup ketchup


Directions: 
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs.
  2. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.

Comments

Popular Posts