Recipe of the Week: Golden Sweet Cornbread Muffins

For Thanksgiving I decided to make a few gluten-free items to take with me so I wouldn't feel left out and my sister-in-law wouldn't have to do a bunch of extra work just for me. So on Monday, November 23 I made Golden Sweet Cornbread Muffins from this recipe on allrecipes.com.

I stuck fairly close to the recipe, but made a few substitutions:

Ingredients:

1 cup {Jules GF} flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
3 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons Baking Splenda
1 teaspoon salt
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup egg beater
1 cup skim milk
1/3 cup applesauce


It received a B nutritional grade.




These muffins are pretty good. I'm sure they would be tastier if I had left in the oil, but I've gotten used to the substitution and I find when I do add margarine or oil it seems really oily to me. They are particularly good when you're hungry. I give them a 3 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Popular Posts