New Year, New Resolutions

{photo via here}

I've been contemplating New Year's resolutions. This year promises to be another transitional year as we find out where Albert will end up working. There are so many things I need to work on to become a better person sometimes it seems a little overwhelming.

Three traits that I'd most like to improve upon are charity, humility, and patience. I've been trying to come up with concrete things I can do work on them. I need to improve on my scripture study and prayers and also look for ways to do more service. I'm also going to try to be more positive.

I came across this scripture in Philippians 3 while reading another blog and I really thought it applicable for me this New Year:

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I
do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth
unto those things which are before
,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ
Jesus.

This is a great time to forget those things that are in the past and focus on the future, focus on my relationship with our Heavenly Father. Of course this is something that we must constantly do...refocus ourselves on those things that are most important because there are so many distractions out there. So many good things competing for our attention, that we tend to forget the most important things.

I've definitely felt the lack when I haven't focused on spiritual things on a daily basis and I want to improve on it this year. I have a slew of other things I'd like work on and do this year, but those things are all secondary to getting myself together spiritually.

I'm really excited to see what this year brings us with all the new changes we're anticipating and I hope to get myself ready this year for what lies in store next year. It seems that the last decade was all about preparing myself for this one. Going to collage, going on a mission, getting married, and getting a decent job have led to this point where I'm finally ready to start a family, buy a house, and feel settled this decade.

Comments

Popular Posts