Mama D's Homestyle Italian Cookbook

I'm on a lucky streak these days and won yet another item from a generous blogger I follow. This time I won Mama D's Homestyle Italian Cookbook by Giovanna D'Agostino from Trav's Gone Gluten-Free. You might think it a little odd to win an Italian cookbook, most of which contain either variations on pasta or pizza, on a gluten-free blog, but this book actually has a lot of gluten-free recipes. Many vegetable and meat dishes and lots of desserts made with fruit.

I'm most excited to try the Polenta with Sausage and the handmade ravioli. I found a ravioli recipe from Jules' GF awhile back and now I have the perfect filling recipe. Perhaps I'm even more in love with this cookbook because it has recipes from NORTHERN Italy. These recipes are made with ingredients that can be found at any grocery store or even your pantry. They are easy to make and something my mother would have made if she were Italian, or at least Italian-American.

I had an idea that I could try all her recipes this year, but then I remembered that was already done in Julie & Julia, which Albert finally let me watch Monday night (for our free Redbox movie this month). You can't help but be inspired to cook after watching that movie :D

Comments

Popular Posts