Thanksgiving 2009

This Thanksgiving we flew down to Florida to visit Albert's family. There was a lot of food and family and Albert took lots of pictures of both. This year Albert's sister, Melina, hosted everyone in her new house and she made her first turkey which turned out very well. We had a great weekend and can't wait to see everyone again in July for Alvin & Jesicca's wedding in Pensacola.

Here are some pictures of the preparations, food, and eating. Almost all of it was gluten-free and Melina even made a gluten-free pumpkin roll that I ate pretty much by myself. Don't worry, I paced myself throughout the weekend, finishing off the last piece before we left Monday morning.


Here are some pictures of family. It was so nice to see everyone again. I hadn't been to Florida since Christmas. Albert's Uncle Ben told us the story about how he and his wife got engaged and moved to the U.S. They were the pioneers of the family and sponsored other family members (including Albert's parents) and friends to immigrate from the Philippines. He said he was inspired to move to the U.S. and since I would have never met Albert otherwise, I believe him :D


Melina's son, Jadon, is turning 3 soon so she decided to have a party for him while everyone was there. Jesicca, Albert's brother's fiancee, is a fantastic baker and created this cute Thomas the Train Engine cake. Jadon is getting so big and smart. He has a great vocabulary and is fun to talk to and play with. Being a nursery leader at church has been good for me and I am much less timid when it comes to kids.



Albert's cousin, Marie, had baby Alexander in the summer so it was our first time meeting the little guy. Albert took a bunch of cute pictures of him while I hogged him. I love to hold the babies!

Comments

kimi + joe said…
How fun!

1) That birthday cake is amazing and reminds me of Ace of Cakes or Cake Boss - very cool. I'd love to develop that skill.

2) Cute baby - looks like he belongs to you and Albert :)

Popular Posts