Recipe of the Week: Pasta alla Carbonara

One of my favorite pasta recipes is pasta alla carbonara. It combines two loves bacon & eggs and pasta. The story I heard was that it was created during WWII for Amercian soldiers, but who knows. Since it's another one of those recipes I learned how to make in Italy I don't have exact measurements so I'm estimating.


Ingredients (serves 2)
  • 2 servings of {gluten-free} pasta of your choice (about 250 g)
  • 3 slices of bacon, diced
  • 1/2 onion, diced
  • 1/4 cup egg beater
  • basil, salt, and pepper to taste
Directions:

Cook the pasta as directed on the box (add salt in the boiling water for taste). While the pasta is boiling, cook the bacon and onion. Drain the pasta and put back into the pan over low heat. Add the egg and stir so it coats the pasta and cooks. You'll see when the egg is done because it will start to look scrambled. Add the seasonings and the bacon & onions.

This nutition facts does not include the pasta since pasta varies with type, usually it's around 200 calories per cup.







I give this pasta 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. It's great comfort food and easy to make.

Comments

Popular Posts