Recipe of the Week: Brigadeiros

For Halloween I made some brigadeiros which are one of our favorite, naturally gluten-free treats. I first learned how to make these Brazilian truffles when I was in Brazil and they are tasty! I use this recipe, but cut down the margarine to one tablespoon.

Ingredients:
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 Tbsp of Nestle Quick and 1 of cocoa
  • 1 Tbsp margarine
Directions:

  1. In a heavy saucepan mix chocolate with condensed milk and add the margarine. 
  2. Cook in low heat stirring constantly until you can see the bottom of the pan. 
  3. Continue to stir for another two minutes. 
  4. Pour onto a plate and let cool completely before you form the little balls (I usually leave it in the cupboard until next day). 
  5. Butter your hands slightly to form the little balls. Roll the balls in chocolate powder or jimmies and put them in small paper cups.




It's fun to experiament with different toppings. Traditionally they use chocolate sprinkles, but I like Nesquik, coconut, and powdered sugar as well. I really like putting crushed walnuts in the mixture while it's cooking on the stove. They get even tastier after a day or two. Yum! We give these 4 out of 5 stars.

Comments

Jen said…
Thanks for the blog comments! I totally agree about the passion as a hobby. I'm glad you said that, I had forgotten that aspect. I'm glad to have found your blog!!

Popular Posts