Halloween!

This Halloween was kind of busy. We went to zumba with Kim & Joe in the morning and then came home to make treats after going to Target and before we went to a play by the Shakeapeare Theatre Company.

Due to parking meter difficulties we almost missed the first part of "The Alchemist" which we went to see at the Lansburgh Theatre in DC. We were running to our seats as the lights went down and the play started. The Alchemist was written in 1610 and was quite popular in London. I believe all the old English plays I've ever seen were written by Shakespeare so it was interesting to see one that wasn't. Maybe it was because I was really tired and kept dozing off during the first half, but I didn't feel that there was much of a story. The characters and the situation were funny, but beyond that it didn't really have a plot. Maybe I'm just not used to the style of plays from the 17th Century.

We thought the posters were funny and showed the different characters one of the main characters took on.

Albert has been planning on being the Joker for Halloween for months and we've been watching you-tube videos on how to correctly apply the make-up and looking at pictures on what kind of outfit he should wear. Although neither of us are make-up artists, I think it turned out pretty well. A woman on the elevator said he looked scary so I guess we did a good job :D


I decided to dress up in Albert's old Army uniform since it was easy and I've always wondered what I'd look like as a soldier. Every time I look at these photos that song American Soldier pops into my head. Maybe I should think of a career change.


We went to our friends' Halloween dance party with other couples from our church. You'd think that a Mormon Halloween party would be pretty lame, but you'd be wrong. We get pretty wild even without alcohol :D Look at these cool costumes:

We're thinking next year we'll go with coordinating costumes. The Joker and a soldier don't really go together.

Check out this dancing! Pretty cool huh? The second picture on the top row is us doing the Thriller dance. James was actually quite good at it and we all followed him.

On Sunday I did my Visiting Teaching (first day of the month, thank you very much!), we went to church, and then we went to a Dinner in a Pumpkin party held by Kim & Joe. It was real nice to eat good food and hang out with all our friends. A great weekend overall.

Comments

kimi + joe said…
Sorry the play was mediocre. Albert's costume was beyond scary...particularly at 3:30am. Yikes. I agree, I love it when couples/families dress alike. Joe and I were such kill-joys this Halloween. Glad you all had a fun and festive holiday!
Karissa Kay said…
I so wish we could've gone to the dance party! I'm dying over all the costumes! They're great! Glad you had a good weekend!
P.S. We rocked the visiting teaching this month!
Unknown said…
Hey! Thanks for letting me borrow pics for the blog. I think you and Albert made a very cute couple.

Popular Posts