The Cranberries!

On Thursday, November 12 Albert picked me up from work and we headed to Baltimore to see my beloved Cranberries perform live for the first time in 7 years. Albert made our regular chicken curry {he makes this for me every time we go to a concert where I have to leave straight from work} that I ate while we were stuck in traffic for almost 2 hrs.

We finally made it to Ram's Head Live! at about 6:00 and we were lucky to get in line before everyone started showing up. We were expecting to have to wait outside like we do at the 9:30 Club, but they have a lobby...so nice on a crappy day like Thursday. There was a line started along the wall, but Albert was smart enough to ask around to see if that was the best place for us to stand. He found out that there were two doors that open simultaneously and no one was standing at the one on the right. We were first in line and it took a long time before anyone had the guts to come stand by us.

Since Ram's Head has a special deal where you can pay an extra $10 to get in early we were in the 2nd row instead of the first, not too shabby :D

There was a girl standing in front of us who was a mega fan. She had a tattoo of the lead singer in her back and photos ready for Dolores to sign along with things to give her. There was also a lot of Hispanic guys which surprised me. I was expecting a lot of people about my age and older since the Cranberries haven't made an album in almost 10 years and I was right. It was fun because everyone knew the words to all the songs.

Griffin House opened for the Cranberries. He came out with just his guitar and played some laid back songs. He has a nice voice and Albert liked him so much we got a couple of his cds afterwards.

This concert was by far the best concert I had been to because I knew all the words to all the songs and we were so close I actually touched her hand and she looked right at me and smiled and winked, all during my favorite song "Ode to my family." Albert caught it on video too!

Albert caught one of two picks she threw into the audience too. I loved the thought that I was singing with Dolores...so AWESOME! I have wanted to go to a Cranberries concert since I was 15, but I didn't have the opportunity living in WY and then they weren't together for so long, I didn't think it would ever happen. Dolores was even better live than on the cds. She has an amazing voice!

I pretty much had a perma-grin on my face the whole time and would occasionally jump up and down with excitement. It was hard getting good pictures because they had the smoke machine going the whole time which created a lot of noise in the pics.

SO MUCH FUN!! So totally worth the lack of sleep and having to stand for 5 hours squished between hundreds of people :D

Comments

Popular Posts