American Freedom Festival

In the evening of Friday, November 6 we went to Adding Machine: A Musical. Albert was able to snag free tickets to this special performance from the USO. It was weird, but cool. We liked it.

It had some interesting ideas about the afterlife and it got me thinking about what it will be like after I die. Generally the idea of death makes me nervous, but I got kind of excited wondering what it'll be like and all the cool people I'll finally get to meet.

They had a lot of repetition in the songs and one song was almost entirely cast members saying "twenty-five" over and over. I still have that stuck in my head.


Saturday, November 7 we went shopping. Old Navy was having a sale and we couldn't resist. Luckily we got some good deals plus 30% for using my GAP card. I bought a cute new coat, but lately it's been too warm to wear it...not that I'm complaining!

Kim & Joe picked us up Saturday evening and we went to the Patriot Center at my alma mater for the American Freedom Festival. Again, Kim was able to snag free tickets from the USO! The festival included three big name Country stars that played full set concerts and it was broadcast to service members all over the world, including Iraq and Afghanistan. All 3 were brilliant and we had a great time. It started at 7:30 PM and we finally had to sneak out at 11:20 PM or so because it was getting so late.


An artist painted a painting that was auctioned off at the end of the night. It was fun to see how the painting was progressing through out the night.

Phil Vassar, if you haven't heard of him, you've heard of the songs he's written. Great performer!


Lee Ann Womack
sang beautifully. She was more laid-back than the other two performers.

Montgomery Gentry was great! They have a lot of fun songs and they were highly entertaining.

Albert took a picture of the moon when we got home to test out the extender he received for his birthday for his camera.
Goodnight moon.

Comments

kimi + joe said…
Fun evening indeed. I love that the USO provides 90% of our entertainment, it's just great. That's an amazing moon photo too - he should do freelance work for National Geographic.

Popular Posts