Saturday Fall Fun

Saturday, October 24 was a good day. We tried to go to zumba, but the teacher didn't show up until 8:30 and we didn't feel like getting sweaty if we'd only get to work out for 15 min. So we went home and I got ready to go to Super Saturday.

I met my friend Sara at the church and we ate (I brought some muffins I made on Friday night), then we got down to business. We started with the tutu. I'm made mine for our niece Haidyn and Sara made hers for her baby girl due in February. We just tied pieces of tool around an elastic band...very easy and very cute! If you want to make one yourself here is a tutorial on how we did it.

We then went onto making our Christmas bell decoration. It was a lot harder than it looked and took the full hour we had left. I knew it was going to be a high caloric intake day as I munched on fudge and caramels they made in the cooking demonstration.


As soon as I got home we went to the Fall Festival they were holding at Ft. Meyers Army Post. It was for kids mostly, but we still managed to have a good time. As we walked in the door they had loads of videos for kids for free so we picked up on for each of the nieces and nephews for Christmas (good thing they don't read this blog, actually only one knows how to read).

Then we went for the free hot dogs. I requested one without a bun and had to explain that I had to have one that had never been on a bun to begin with. I coupled that with Cheetos and had a bite of Albert's cotton candy (as seen below).


We had our picture taken in the mini pumpkin patch so we could get a couple mini pumpkins to decorate our living room. From the Polaroids on the wall, it looked like we were the only people over the age of 10 to participate in that particular activity. In fact, I don't think I saw anyone else at the event without kids, but that didn't stop us from enjoying ourselves.


The funnest part of the festival was the petting zoo. While we left the petting part up to the kids, we did have fun taking pictures of them. As I stood in between the miniature pony and the donkey they both came up to me and started to sniff me. It was fun getting the attention, I can't lie.

Since Albert's birthday is October 25 we decided to go out to his favorite restaurant on Saturday evening. After our two hour nap we got dressed up in our finest apparel and headed out to Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. The one in Crystal City is our favorite because the beautiful view of the city out the big windows. We could see the traffic control tower at DCA, which was perfect because that is where Albert would love to work one day.

The food was, as always, delicious and the service impeccable. They are very accommodating for my Celiac and constantly refill your water. They swapped the usual carrot cake dessert that they serve with their fall dinner special (3 courses for $40 each) for a dessert of my choice and gave Albert and additional dessert with a candle free since we were celebrating his birthday.



We both got the filet and shrimp and then we shared our desserts, a flourless chocolate cake and creme brulee. So decedent. For his appetizer, Albert chose the gumbo. We're now on the look-out for a good gumbo recipe similar to theirs. Yum! The price tag is pretty hefty so I think we'll be saving Ruth's Chris for restaurant week for now on.

Comments

kimi + joe said…
Wahoo, happy birthday Albert! You guys are such love birds and I just love that you packed all that into his birthday jubilee. What a fun day!

Popular Posts