Weekend update

We were pretty busy last week. We went to Courtney's b-day party on Wednesday and we were able to serve and attend a special meeting at the LDS Temple Thursday after work. Of course Thursday night was also the two-part season premiere of Grey's Anatomy so I spent 2 hours stuck to the tv. I'm so happy it's back!

Friday Albert was able to snag free tickets from the USO to "A Piece of My Heart" that we went to with Kim & Joe. The play was very thought provoking. I am now interested in learning more about the Vietnam War and in particular the women who served there. It was uber depressing and I kept hoping there would be a moment where the human spirit triumphed over adversity. While I realize war isn't happy, there were no scenes where something good comes in the face of hardship.

On Saturday we went to zumba and I wore my new shoes and then Albert took me shopping at TJ Max and Old Navy. I discovered this site, Old Navy Weekly where you can click around and discover various coupons. I got one for 20% off that I used on a pair of jeans and two sweaters that were already on sale.

We dropped by the Granadas farewell party to say good-bye. They will be sorely missed, hopefully we can go visit them in Texas one day. Here some some pictures Albert and Angie took (I stole them off her Facebook page). I wore my new pants and sweater so I made Albert take a picture.

Our church's women's organization, the Relief Society, has an annual general conference every September that we watch via satellite. In our area we have dinner right before the conference and I found out ahead of time that they were serving pizza and rolls -- not exactly Celiac friendly. So I got together with a friend of mine, Amanda, who also has Celiac and we decided to bring out own pizza and brownies so we could mingle with the other girls and not feel left out.

I made the pizza and she brought a quinoa salad and Betty Crocker brownies. Everything tasted good and I was happy I didn't have to sit and watch other people eat or avoid the dinner all together. On the way home it was pouring out and I had a hard time driving in the dark and the rain. Not fun.

Sunday we both went visiting and home teaching in the morning and then relaxed after church. Well, I relaxed and Albert made dinner and did homework. I sort of helped out. Hopefully this week will be a little slower :D

Comments

Popular Posts