Spirit of America

On Friday, September 11 we went to the U.S. Army's Spirit of America in Fairfax, VA with our friends Kim & Joe. We took lots of pictures and videos. It was a great day to be patriotic and remember the events of September 11 8 years ago. On the way there we reminisced about where were when we heard about the towers falling.






They warned us that there would be gun fire, but it still scared me when I heard the big boom of the gun shots and cannons during the war simulations. It was much louder than expected.


My favorite was the Fife & Drum Corps. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I loved the drummers!



Here is a video of the Fife & Drum Corps:



Here is the cool drum solo:


They talked about Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War:




This was a presentation on World War II that had a little war action sequence with guns:




They also talked about the Korean and Vietnam conflicts. They then went into the modern Army, the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts, and how women in the military contribute a great deal.


The second coolest part was the Army Drill Team. Very cool how synchronized they all are.





They wrapped it up with the U.S. Army Band Downrange, which sings modern music, with the U.S. Army Concert Band. They also had a cool guitar solo. I imagine that straight laced guy playing the guitar probably always imagined doing this on stage with a rock band. I have to admit I got a little teary-eyed with all the patriotism more than once. Overall a really great night.

Comments

Popular Posts