Saturday

I did some more baking on Saturday, September 12 while Albert was at his first day in the Air Force Reserves. I decided to get creative and opted for banana instead of oil in my blueberry muffins and I added a couple teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to the recipe as well. I must admit, they are pretty dern tasty.

For my chocolate cupcakes I substituted pumpkin for oil and also added the pumpkin pie spice. So if you like chocolate pumpkin spice cake I'd recommend using pumpkin for your oil. I hear that pineapple also works so I might try that next time and make pina colada cupcakes :D I used Jules GF flour for both of my creations.


For dinner I went to zPizza with my friend Sara and tried their gluten-free pizza. I got the California and it was good. I definitely want to go there again. The wasn't too crumbly or spongy and the toppings are all organic so it wasn't heavy. It's also only 150 cal per slice if you get the California. Not bad for going out.

After pizza, Sara and I went to the nearby indie film movie theatre and watched September Issue. It's a documentary on the editor-in-chief of Vogue, who is known as an ice queen (supposedly the Devil Wears Prada was based on Anna Wintour, but you wouldn't know it because she was painted in such a sympathetic way). It was interesting, but not amazing. It probably would have been cooler if she had yelled a whole bunch and made crazy unrealistic demands every-so-often.

Meanwhile Albert was off playing in the annual hearts tournament. Last year he placed 2nd, but this year he wasn't so lucky.

Comments

THOSE CUPCAKES AND MUFFINS LOOK AMAZING! How did you get them to look so beautiful! I must have the recipe!

Popular Posts