New food

I like trying new foods so I had to pick up the newest low calorie items I've found. The great news is that Yoplait has $1 off coupons for both their Yoplait Delights and Yoplait Fiber One. I like both of these. The Delights are tasty, but not as decadent as pudding. It tastes a lot like the Yoplait Whips, but with out the whipped texture. The Fiber One yogurts taste normal, but they have only 50 calories and added fiber, while the normal light Yoplait yogurts have 110 calories.






3 Musketeers is pretty much my favorite candy so I picked up a pack of 100 calorie bars along with Snickers and m&ms. They seem to be the real candy bar just in a different portion size. They are $3 a pack at Target and are kind of a rip off. You might as well get a fun size bag and eat 65 calories instead, esp after Halloween when they all go on sale. But it's fun pretending you're eating a normal portion. Those Snicker bars are pretty tiny, probably the biggest waste of money. I like the m&ms best for church (since they are more discreet than a candy bar) and 3 Musketeers is just the right size and sweetness for those late night cravings.








I'm trying to eat healthier snacks in the afternoon so I'm going to try string cheese, cottage cheese, dry cereal, and lean turkey breast. It's hard to always come up with food to eat during the day that's low calorie, healthy, and gluten-free that's not an apple.

I've also been collecting recipes from Hungry Girl. You can get on her mailing list and she has lots of good ideas about saving calories and new low calorie products on the market. I tried her Choco Monkey Oatmeal on Sunday and it wasn't overly sweet, although I could have used a more chocolately flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts