In a good place.

{photo via here}

I'm happy. Ok, there I said it. I dislike saying definitive statements like that because I feel like I jinx myself by so doing, but it had to be done because it was just so obvious.

- I'm married to a really great guy who cooks me low-calorie, gluten-free food almost every night (he kind of has to since the only thing I make is Italian food and I can't eat that everyday anymore).

- I like the way I look. It's a rare occurrence for me to look in the mirror and like what I see so I'm trying to appreciate it. I've been somewhat diligent in my exercising and low-calorie eating and I've managed to lose 15 lbs over the summer. I like trying on clothes because I look good in them again. I love feeling in control of my weight. I've felt like there was nothing I could do about it for a long time.

- I like my new job. I'm not constantly bombarded with work, but I have some tasks to keep me busy and make me feel like I'm making a contribution. It's nice.

- We got new badges for my job and my picture turned out good. I know right? That never happens.

- Fall is here. I don't feel like I had a proper summer since it didn't get that hot and I was inside working a lot so I was bummed when it started to cool down. I've gone through the various steps of mourning and I'm just about at acceptance. I feel ok about it. I'm getting excited to wear tights and scarves again. Winter on the other hand...I'm never exited about that. Sorry winter.

- I like my job at church. I'm still enjoying being a nursery leader and getting to hang out with the little ones every-other-week. It's the perfect amount of time so I don't get burned out. I've decided that I like children.

- Grey's Anatomy Season Premiere is this Thursday and Army Wives is still going on. My two favorite shows on at the same time. Life is good.

- I get to have pizza twice this week. Pizza is my favorite.

I guess I'm just at that perfect stage in my life. I've been working towards this point in my career/personal life for a long time and I'm satisfied. Life just keeps getting better and I have so much to look forward to.

Sorry to be so optimistic. It's not like me. Really.

Comments

Karissa Kay said…
You are my weight loss idol. Way to go! I need to take some lessons from you. Did you watch Grey's last night? I'm so happy it's back on!

Popular Posts