Courtney's Surprise Party

Wednesday, September 23 we celebrated our friend Courtney's birthday at a surprise party her husband put together. {I stole these pictures off of Scott's facebook page.}


Knowing that there would be a fantastic cake, I made some gluten-free cupcakes so I could join in on the fun. I finally bought a gf Betty Crocker chocolate cake mix and substituted a 1/2 cup of pumpkin for the stick of butter. It turned out a little dry so I'll have to think of something different next time. Maybe add more pumpkin/apple sauce?


Here are Courtney and her friends with the cool mustaches and pinata they brought. It was a Mexican themed party.


I'm not sure what's going on in this picture, but Joe looks hilarious.


It was pitch black out by the time we finally got around to hitting the pinata. Courtney's nieces and Courtney hit it first and then we called on Joe to finish it off, and boy he did :D I still wonder what the neighbors thought about having a headless pinata and candy in their backyard the next day.

Comments

kimi + joe said…
What Fiesta Fun! Pretty sure I was the ONLY one who didn't see Joe launch Wilbur over the fence. What a shame. Guess I'll to wait for the next person's 30th birthday...

Popular Posts