Rafting on the Green

We flew out of DC at 6 AM on August 13. Our friend Kim was soo kind to take us to the airport at 4:30 AM. It was lucky we left early because the security line was unusually long. We had a lay-over in Dallas, TX and hung out at the USO which offers tons of free food and was super busy.

My dad picked us up in his new Monte Carlo when we arrived in Salt Lake and took us to the mall where my mom and sister were shopping for school clothes. We bought some sweet new sunglasses and ate at Taco Time (my fav). We drove to Wyoming and my brother and his family came over for dinner. It was then that I met little Korbin and they let me feed him and hold him for hours. It was great :D

The next morning on August 14, we got up early and drove down to Manila, UT to go rafting on the Green River below the Flaming Gorge Dam. It was so nice to have all the family there, it had been ages that we had been together for anything besides weddings. Korbin didn't come of course, but everyone else was there :D I finally got to talk to my new sis-in-law, Jenna since the only time we had ever seen each other was on her wedding day.

Here we are waiting for my dad and brother to get back so we can get in the raft:

{Isn't Haidyn (my brother's daughter) adorable?}

Here we are on the raft. My dad sat on the front and told us when to row and my brother Jesse sat in the back fishing. We had a great time and got really wet. The river is really beautiful with the red cliffs.


We pulled over for lunch and my mom brought gluten-free bread and the best chocolate chip cookies for me, my brother Luke, and my mom, who also eat gluten-free. The sky started to get very dark and it rained a little bit after lunch so we had to hurry the last half.

The weather got really cold after we finished so Albert and I ran to take pictures of the river from the visitors center. Beautiful!


Comments

Popular Posts