Legg Mason Tennis Classic

Friday, August 7 we were lucky enough to snag tickets to the Legg Mason Tennis Classic quarter finals of Andy Roddick vs. Ivo Karlovic. Over the years of living in DC I have seen advertisements for the Legg Mason and have ALWAYS wanted to go. The USO made that dream come true :D


Along the way to the USO event we found Jet Blue raffling free tickets and had a mini golf game you could try to win some other prize. We didn't find out what you won because no one made it in the hole. {I didn't even try.}


First we went to the Military Appreciation Day tent where they had an Elvis impersonator. As soon as we walked in Elvis came up to me and started to serenade me. It was great :D He even gave me that blue scarf I'm wearing.


We ate lots of pork, potatoes, green beans, and cheesecake and then went to the stadium. After a bit we found that we were in the wrong spot and moved to a better spot. Here we are with our good friends Kim&Joe who joined us.


They had a nice ceremony in honor of the military with a ginormous flag. DC Mayor Fenty was there.


The match was great. Roddick won the match in two sets, but they were pretty close and had a tie breaker each time. We are definitely going to try to go next year. The weather was beautiful and I don't think I've ever been so attentive at any sporting event. Mucho fun.


I thought this was a pretty funny picture of Roddick, he always puffs his cheeks when he hits the ball.



Andy Roddick serving:


Ivo Karlovic serving:

Comments

kimi + joe said…
it was a perfect evening. you failed to mention elvis was completely ENAMORED with you and sang the entire song just to YOU! The men in the room were smiling and the woman were jealous...
SO JEALOUS. I swear I say that on all your entries. You guys have soo much fun. I love it. It makes me hope that one day I will have fun too once school is finished! Two more years and counting the seconds!

Popular Posts