G.I. Joe Premiere

We had a very busy, very cool weekend. It started on Friday. Albert went up to Andrews Air Force Base around 1 PM to save a place for us and Kim&Joe picked me up from work at 4 PM.

{Albert was in the very front as you can see from the first picture, there were hundreds of people waiting in line behind him}

We got to the base just in time to enter the theatre for the G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra premiere. They gave us a free bag of popcorn, a water bottle, and a G.I. Joe baseball cap. We hung out in the theatre for about three hours before the cast and executives made their way in. They had a dj that kept us somewhat entertained while we waited. Oh, did I mention we were in in the middle of the 2nd row!! Very cool!


At about 8 PM the actors and executives finally made their way in the theatre. There were about 900 people in the theatre, some of them wounded warriors from Walter Reed Army Hospital who were able to meet the cast and get signatures before hand and entered the theatre to standing ovations by the crowd.

We had about a half hour Q & A with the VP of Paramount, the producer, director, and four of the main actors.



Mostly Marlon Waynes answered the questions and joked around. They talked about how they had to learn how to shoot machine guns and how "Duke" dropped his lady co-star in one of the scenes.


They left as quickly as they came and they started the movie right away.


The movie was good. Lots of action, very little blood, and no sex...pretty clean over all. There were some twists in the plot and it was definitely set up for a sequel so I'm sure we'll be seeing another G.I. Joe before long. My favorite character in the movie was Snake Eyes and I liked the variety of action sequences.

If you're interested in learning more about this premiere here's an article in the USA Today and I found some cool pictures of the actors before they entered the theatre here.

Comments

Popular Posts