Coming Home

Wednesday, August 19 my parents dropped Albert and me off at the airport in Salt Lake. Our flight to Chicago was uneventful (just like I like 'em), but then we sat on the tarmac for 2 hrs due to storms in the mid-West before we took off on our 2nd flight. It was annoying, but not completely unusual.

Mid-flight the flight attendants announced that a laptop had been found and if left unclaimed we would have to make an emergency stop at Dulles, only 10 minutes away from our destination at Reagan Airport. I was hoping that someone would realize it was theirs, but it was pretty obvious that it was most likely left from the previous flight. We landed at Dulles, the furthest they could get from the airport (just in case we exploded I guess) and we sat on the tarmac while emergency response vehicles surrounded us. We were right by the wing and Albert snapped this picture of the fire trucks, ambulances, and police outside our window (you'll just have to take my word for it since you can't really make them out).


At first they told us that we would get on a shuttle and they would take us to the terminal where we would wait for them to bring us all of our stuff (including purses, etc.) and then they would figure out how to get us to DCA. Once we got on the shuttle that was attached to the plane, the police told us that they would search the plane and then we'd be able to get back on the plane and fly to DCA. I was glad that I talked Albert into getting a little something to eat in Chicago because we didn't get home until after mid-night when we were due to land at 9 PM. Now I can say that I've flown from Dulles to Reagan, which I'm sure not many people have. Luckily my cousin Jake was nice enough to be on call while we figured out when we were going to arrive and came and picked us up when we finally got there.

Comments

Popular Posts