The weekend


After zumba on Saturday morning we ate pancakes for breakfast. We found a new gluten-free pancake mix from Maple Grove Farms at the commissary the other day and I wanted to try it out, esp since it says on the box, "So good you'll want pancakes for supper!" I was impressed. I didn't notice any weird gluten-free after taste and the texture was good.

I took a long nap and we just hung out until about 6:30 when I dragged Albert to Old Town Alexandria for their annual celebration despite my sinus congestion and Albert really wanting to go play poker instead. We walked around looking for the Alexandria Symphony Orchestra that was supposed to start playing at 6 PM. They were nowhere to be found. We sat on the bench thinking that we could wait for the fireworks at 9:30, but I wasn't feeling great and we were both hungry so we went home and made dinner instead.

We taught our lesson to the nursery babies on Sunday. They were really wound up and just wanted to play the whole time. They didn't even eat their snacks and were barely interested in bubbles. Unlike the last time we were in nursery they talked and fought over toys. They didn't really listen too much to the lesson, but I think they knew what we were talking about. We were glad to go home by the end.

Kim&Joe invited us over to play Settlers of Catan with Luke&Rebecca. It was fun, plus we won so that made it even better (heehehe). After the game Luke, who is a master story teller, elaborated on the history of Communism around the world. I love history so I was enthralled. Speaking of history, ever since we limited our cable to the lowest amount of stations we no longer get the History Channel, but we do get History International. It's pretty much the only station both us can agree on, well that and Biography.

I really wanted to download the summer playlist on the Nylon Magazine when Albert was gone to Florida, but I couldn't get it do it. I figured it was because we dropped down our internet speed to the lowest possible setting to save $$, but Albert was able to do it just by signing me into my account on I-Tunes. I'm lovin my new tunes. If you're obsessed with indie music like I am these days, you should definitely check it out before the end of the month.

Wednesday is my official weigh-in day and I'm down 10.6 lbs and Albert is up 4 lbs (he's been doing it for less time than me). I was kind of nervous this morning hoping that I'd see some reward for all my diligence. Pretty soon we'll be the same weight :D I'd really like to be at my goal weight by Thanksgiving. We're planning on going down to Florida to spend the holiday with Albert's family and maybe we'll have time to go to the beach to show off our killer bods :P

We'll see what the weekend will bring us...I can't wait! Maybe we'll go see Harry Potter. I've heard good things.

Comments

Melanie said…
THanks for the Apron tip! I would totally do it, if it wasn't so late in the day.

It was fun to look through your blog. It makes me miss DC :)

Popular Posts