Weekend run down

After I got home on Friday afternoon I took a long nap. Albert went to help some people move for three hours so I took some Alka Seltzer Plus and and got myself up so I could make Albert dinner. I thought he'd be back in an hour so his pasta sauce was really tasty by the time he got there. I made some ragu' (meat sauce) and kept adding water when it evaporated just like my Sicilian missionary companion taught me.

Saturday afternoon, after zumba with Kim&Joe, we went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I'd heard lots of good things, but also some mediocre things. I guess I'm not a super Harry Potter fan because it seemed to be just like all the other ones. I can't keep any of them straight. It was fun, some parts were really good. The ending was anti-climatic, mostly because it's to be continued. Sort of like Lord of the Rings. Never really got into those either.


The best thing about going to the movies was getting to eat a 3 Musketeers. Albert and I had our free candy bar coupons so we got a little treat before watching the movie. I love 3 Musketeers. I found that they have created 100 calorie 3 Musketeers you can buy on Amazon. I am so excited! We're definitely getting some! Of course you have to buy them in a mixed pack so Albert will have to eat the Twix.


For dinner Saturday night Albert made pork chops with his special BBQ seasoning he got in TX. It's a shame we didn't get a picture because these beauties were so good! I'd say they were even better than the steak. We're going to be eating the "other white meat" more often.

Sunday Albert wasn't feeling good so after he ate a ginormous breakfast he hibernated for the rest of the day. He didn't get up until about 4:30. I went to church, all alone :( Church was nice. Lots of good talks/lessons and an amazing musical number.

At 6:00 I picked up Albert and we went to my friend's house for dinner. My old roommate and good friend, Amy, was in town on a weekend stop over on her way back to Utah from Ghana. Her two sisters, who are also my friends, live here so they put together a dinner so all of Amy's friends could see her. Amy's sister, Holly, made the food and she was kind enough to make everything gluten-free for me. We had delicious chicken with rice and veggies. The only thing I couldn't eat were the rolls. It was so nice chatting with Amy. Albert was a trooper (he was feeling a better since he slept).


We took a group picture for your viewing pleasure:

Amy is the one in blue in the front, she's holding hands with her sister Amber, and Holly is between Amy and I. We chatted a lot with Heather (who is in the back between Holly and Amy) about her upcoming wedding. We'll be going to her reception next month. It was so much fun to see all our friends. Every time we hang out I think, we need to hang out more.

Comments

Popular Posts