Tubing on the Shenandoah II (7.3.09)

As promised, we picked up the pictures from our tubing adventure yesterday. I must admit that I was a bit disappointed. Apparently not only am I not a professional film photographer, I'm actually pretty bad. (That said I do much better with my digital camera and sometimes even take half-decent pictures.) Three or four of the pics had my finger covering half the picture and most of them were blurry.

I do think that the camera quality has to share some responsibility in these pics. My phone camera takes better pictures than that thing, plus we spent $10 for the camera and $10 to get the pictures developed. On the up-side, I am a semi-competent photo editor and managed to salvage most of the pictures.




The river was really pretty and green.

Overall it was pretty relaxing except for the times when I hit my bum on the rocks, which hurt. I had a big bruise. Luckily I didn't get sunburned. I did have weird patches here and there, but other than that my spf 90 worked great :D (It probably helped that it was cloudy most of the day.) Of course Albert just tanned a little bit. Hopefully our kids tan nicely.


Here are the new shoes we spent 3+ hours looking for the night before.



One of the decent pictures that I didn't take...of course it's of me.


My mister.

(The middle picture is Albert going over some small rapids...woohoo!)


I was just going to get some shorts or pants at K-Mart but found tons of stuff I wanted on clearance with 40% more off! I bought a pair of cute pants for $3.60! I also picked up a blue cotton dress for $8 and a pair of Levi's for $11! Getting a good deal is so empowering.

We had some great BBQ pulled pork at the Apple House. It had this nice smokey flavor...yum! Others had various apple themed desserts like donuts and fitters that looked good. So on your next adventure to the Shenandoah River, you should stop by.

After our escapade in Front Royal July 3rd, Albert and I went to see Transformers II that night. If you liked the first one, you'll like the second one because they're pretty much the same. Good times.



Comments

Popular Posts