Parties and Shopping

This weekend we went to a lot of parties and did a lot of shopping. Friday night we went to Melanie's farewell party and on our way home we hit up Forever 21 where Albert found me some birthday presents :D He got me among other things, this cute satin ruffle shrug that I'm excited to wear to church.



We went straight home and showered after zumba on Saturday morning and made our way down to Potomac Mills for shopping. We wanted to go to IKEA and get a $.99 breakfast, but we got there just after they ran out of breakfast so we went to Denny's instead.

Denny's just happens to be right next door to our new favorite store, K-Mart. Unfortunately this K-Mart does not have the sales that the other one did and we ended up spending a lot more money. I saw my $3.60 pants there for $19.99, so beware! We have been wanting new work-out clothes since I've been wearing over sized t-shirts and pants I've had for years which is super hot when there is no air conditioning (military peeps are super cheap when it comes to cooling down work-out areas).

I got two sets of cute exercise clothes and now I'm excited to workout so I can wear them! I also got a purse, a pair of dark Levi's, and 2 pairs of shoes (they were buy 1 get one 50% off). I believe every girl should have a pair of red shoes and I didn't have any. I now do. I also got a pair of black flats for work.




I got a cute sea green collar shirt at Old Navy where everything is 40% off then we went to our favorite store, H&M. Albert bought 2 new outfits and I got a pink dress. It looks really good on me but it's a little short. It doesn't seem so short when I put on a pair of tights. I really love it. I'm not sure what I should do about the shortness.

I bought this really cute shirt at Charlotte Russe and got quite a few complements on it at Danielle's house warming on Saturday night.

Saturday evening before we went to Danielle's party, we dropped off dinner at my friend Bethany's since she and her husband just had a new baby boy. He is so adorable and soo tiny! I want one :D

Sunday we slept in until noon and then my visiting teacher came over for a bit before we headed off to church. It was our week to be up in the nursery, which was exhausting. We only had one other person in with us and a few new kids. One was super hyper, constantly trying to escape and occasionally jumping on top of one of the other kids and two others were having separation anxiety and needed to be held for long periods of time. I counted it a success since we were able to keep them all relatively happy for most of the time and no one got hurt.

After church we went to Marlene's birthday party and saw most of the same people who were at Danielle and Melanie's parties. I saved up on calories so I could splurge at the parties so I ate tons of chocolate. Apparently Lindt chocolate has a lot of calories so don't do like I used to when I lived on the boarder of Switzerland and eat 3 bars a week.

Comments

Popular Posts