Oh, happy day!

I'm very happy today. Last night we bought our tickets to go to Wyoming in August. I've been wanting to do this for awhile now, but I had questions about my leave possibilities. I decided to just do it -- like Nike said! I'm going to meet the newest member of our family and celebrate my 29th birthday with my loved ones.

(from PaperTissue)

I haven't been home for my birthday in ages. I remember I was home for my 21st birthday because I went to the bar with my friend Jacquelyn. We didn't tell anyone it was my birthday so they wouldn't give me a hard time about not drinking.

Other reasons why I am happy are:
  • We're going kayaking this evening with our friends Laura&Blake and Kim&Joe and might follow that up with honey ice cream in honor of "Don't Step on a Bee Day".
  • Tomorrow evening is the USA & Alexandria Celebration in Alexandria, VA which brings more music and more fireworks.
  • We get to wake up early for zumba!
  • Sunday I get to wear my new dress I bought at K-Mart last Friday for $8
  • We're teaching our first nursery lesson to the babies. We're teaching them about taking the sacrament (which is what we call the Eucharist/communion). Hopefully they'll be able relate our lesson back to an hour earlier when we took the sacrament.
We've had some good things happen this week. Here they are listed out for you:
  • The number one good thing was the birth of our new nephew, Korbin.
  • Tuesday we went with Albert's friend, Anne, from high school/college to the Dairy Godmother and to the FDR Memorial.
  • Wednesday we handed in our message for the ward (congregation) bulletin. They have members of the ward write a mini essay on the Sunday School lesson for that week.
  • After boot camp last night I went to Enrichment (an activity during the week for the women of the church) on preparedness. We learned about emergency preparedness/food storage/spiritual preparedness (maintaining our relationship with God during the good times). It was nice, plus I got to eat M&Ms.
  • I've lost 9 lbs since I started my new diet a couple weeks ago.
HAPPY WEEKEND!

Comments

Unknown said…
Going home is your Birthday present right? - Albert

Popular Posts