Weekend run down

  • My ear is feeling better! I'm almost 100% and so thankful my ear episode is finally coming to a close. I feel very empathetic for those little babies who get ear infections all the time.
  • Wal-Mart/Target run for Friday night date night. I bought a cute new insulated lunch bag that looks like a purse. People at my work will steal your lunch if you put in the fridge so in the spirit of food safety I felt like I should get one.
  • zumbazumbazumba + Kim&Joe = fun
  • Clothes, etc swap at church Saturday morning brought a free skirt, 2 shirts, a scarf, and never-used soap making mold -- one day I'm going to make my own soap again and it's going to be cool. They need to do it again now that I am ready to part with all my junk.
  • We finally cleaned up our room so I could post a picture of our new curtains and bedspread. I feel like I'm sleeping in a hotel room when we close the curtains because it's so dark...I love it!

  • Coraline = fun/weird. I'm sure there is some profound symbolism in there. I've always had the knack for knowing when symbolism is present, but am at a loss when it comes to deciphering what it means.
  • IRAN!! We monitored the protests carefully.
  • Nursery! We survived our first week of nursery and it went quite well. We had about 1/2 of the potential amount of kids so it was at an almost 1:1 teacher/student ratio. As I feared, almost all of them were in tears for the first 10 minutes after their parents dropped them off. One little boy wouldn't stop crying and his mom eventually came back to get him. At snack time they came back and he warmed up a little and started playing some although his mom stayed the whole time. Another little boy was crying when he first came in and so I held out my arms to him and he came right to me and I held him for a few minutes. After that he rarely left my side...so cute. The funny thing was that they don't really like to play together. They would play with us and watch each other, but didn't really interact. Fortunately, it hasn't hampered my desire to have my own kid someday.
  • Speaking of one day having a baby, I found out that Albert's cousin is naming her baby Alexander, which is the only boy name I like :( I'm kinda bummed about this. I don't know if it would be inappropriate to still name my future kid Alexander, or if I should try to like another name. Maybe by then there will be name I like better.
  • After church we had our friend Jeff (the one who introduced us) and my cousin Jake over for a couple games of Settlers. For once Albert and I played separately. He won the first round and I won the second...miraculously :)

Comments

Amanda said…
I hear ya about the baby names. My cousin named her twin boys (10 years ago) the two boys names I like: Noah and Ethan. This is also one of many reasons why we're not telling anyone our baby's name until she's born! :)

Glad your ear is feeling better!
JakeD said…
I give you permission to name your one of your sons Jake. =) It was great playing Settlers, and you were truly the dark horse that whole game. Good work.

Popular Posts