So far so good

I managed to survive my weekend without my honey without getting depressed. I hate that lonely, needy feeling I get when he is away and luckily I haven't succumbed yet...only 2 more days! It wasn't so bad before we were married and I lived with 3 roommates who kept me busy. Plus I had school so there was always something to do.

(from PaperTissue)

Friday night I watched tv and worked on the small blanket I'm crocheting. The sides are a little wonky, but it's coming along nicely. I'm thinking I can figure out how to do some sort of edging and maybe the wonkiness won't be soo obvious. I'm also considering re-doing the whole thing since I have no real time limit and I'm doing it just to do it. I haven't decided if I'm that much of a perfectionist yet.

Kim&Joe picked me up early Saturday morning and we went to a house sale to see if she had anything good. Most of the stuff was a little over priced I thought...for selling old, used stuff anyway. I did find an old yet pretty good quality tennis racket for Albert. I haven't really played since I was in high school 10 years ago and Albert has never played, but one day we'll give it a go. I even bought a new wrap for the handle of Albert's new racket and some cheap tennis balls at Target. I also got three novels, a cake shaped cookie cutter, and a cake decorating book...all for $5, including the racket. Not too shabby.

I was able to snatch a ride with Kim&Joe to the Commissary right after and I spent entirely too much money on some healthy food. Healthy food is so expensive! I bought some blueberry Kefir, I read somewhere that it was healthy. I tried it last night and it is also tasty, but I like yogurt and yogurt drinks so that might make a difference. The 100 Calorie Klondike Chocolate Fudge Bars are so good. I was surprised to see that they got an A- nutritional grade in the Calorie Counter. Maybe I should eat them instead of broccoli.


I went to my friend Bethany's baby shower, which was pretty fun. Despite my getting goods off of her registry and trying to make sure they marked it off, other people got her the same exact things, which is like showing up to a party wearing the same dress as someone else. It's lame, that's what it is. Oh well. The cupcakes looked really good. The frosting was cream cheese and whipped cream. I was good and didn't have any.

Sunday I went over to my friend Sara's to get the low down on her recent nuptials. She eloped with her boyfriend last week and is having a little reception dinner in August. Albert and I are going to be taking/editing the pictures so it should be fun :D

It was exactly 3:00 when I rolled into church and they were already singing the first hymn. Generally they don't start so early. The talks were nice and the lessons good. Kim&Joe invited me over for Settlers of Catan afterwards so I ate dinner, chatted with Albert, ran over to Kim&Joe's, and lost miserably...dead last. So sad :(

I think I've found a new boy's name I like, but it hasn't been approved by Albert yet. I'm liking the following names: Leo, Finn, and William (Will). What can I say, I'm a planner :D

In other news, my old mission companion found me on Facebook. I lost contact with her after she announced she was moving to Canada and getting married. She's Sicilian and her English wasn't all that great so I was curious to find out what happened to her. I'm excited to see that she's happy and doing well. I love finding old friends that would have been lost forever otherwise. I feel more connected to people I met 10 years ago now than I did when we were in the same town going to the same school.

Comments

Amanda said…
I know the feeling - empty when the guys are TDY. BOO!! :) I'm glad you're making it through just fine!
Bethany said…
Good thing that you can never have too much baby soap! Not quite as bad as showing up to a party with the same dress on. :) I'm glad that you were there!

Popular Posts