My "bibopsy"

"If the body is a temple and food is for the spirit, then we are obliged to choose healthy - and tasty - food."


(from PaperTissue)

Just to make it three weeks in a row to see a doctor, we went again on Wednesday mostly just to get my prescriptions refilled before I ran out, but figured that I could get the rash on my legs checked out while I was there.

I've had it for years, ever since I lived in Italy as a missionary. While I was in Italy I only got it in the summer and figured it was some sort of heat rash since I was outside so much and it there was no air conditioning, but it soon became permanent. Occasionally it will lessen, but never really goes away. I got it checked out years ago and the doc said it was eczema and gave me some cream.

I figured the doc on Wednesday would do the same, but she wasn't so sure it was eczema and wanted to get a biopsy. So my quick appointment turned into something much more. They had to cut a very small chunk out of my leg and then stitch it up. I nearly passed out cuz it was hot and I don't do so well with my skin being cut.


(Whenever I think of biopsy, I think of "bipobsy"...definitely one of my favorite movies. This woman also played in the musical "Young Frankenstein" which we saw in NYC.)


The doc told me not to do any strenuous exercises for a bit, which pretty much shot my plan of working out all weekend long. I even had to cancel going to zumba tomorrow, which I always look forward to. It's kinda cramping my style.

They gave me a mini surgical kit and said I can cut the stitches out myself on the 4th of July. We'll see how that goes. I seem to remember my dad cut out the stitches I had in my head when I was a kid so maybe it's not so hard.

I survived my first night sans Albert and have been a little obsessed with counting calories. It's going to be an adjustment for sure. I even forwent dessert since my dinner was too large. That's big for me.

Comments

Popular Posts