Duke Ellington Jazz Festival 2009

Saturday morning brought zumba with Kim & Joe, German pancakes, and a nap. At about 1 PM we headed over to hang out with our friend Danielle who just moved into her own place and was offering burgers. I brought along a toasted Trader Joe's gf English muffin for my bun. It was all very exciting because I hadn't had a burger since October! I was pleased with the results. I'm thinking about going to 5 Guys and ordering a burger sans bun and using my own! Finding a semi-decent gluten-free bun is life changing I tell ya!

After chatting with Danielle and her roommie we went over to the jazz festival on the lawn on by the Washington Monument. It was a beautiful sunny day and we were lucky to find a sweet spot in the shade. The music was great. Come to find out I really like jazz from New Orleans, very fun! I was a little skeptical about the festival -- maybe it would be lame, but I was impressed with the quality of the music and recommend going next year. A great way to spend a summery afternoon. Maybe bring a blanket and have a picnic.

Albert remembered to bring the camera, but I forgot to put the memory card back in it so we ended up snapping some pics with our phones...oops! Luckily our camera phones work well in the sunshine.


from our spot in the shade


the stage





the lovers


the crowd - there was some dancing involved



more people + monument



new hair



rays of sun + monument = beautiful

Comments

Popular Posts