Anniversary gifts

Albert and I agreed to spend no more than $20 on each other for our anniversary gifts. So of course I spend $20 on a Settlers of Catan extention pack (we'll be getting a group together sometime so let me know if you're interested) and he spends over $100 on this...


...an Aero Garden!

We have a hard time keeping plants alive in our apartment. I'm pretty sure it's because we don't get any direct sunlight in our apartment, but it might be because we're just really bad with plants. So we got this no fail gardening system that doesn't use any soil; just water, light, and nutrient tablets. We're growing herbs this time around and the basil is already sprouting. I'm so looking forward to all our fresh herbs we'll be using. Next time, in about six months, we're getting the cherry tomatoes!


Either our pack didn't come with all of the plastic cups that go over the seedlings or we lost one, either way Albert came up with the idea to use our Pepto Bismo measuring cup as a replacement.

These pictures were taken last Friday. If you were to look at the basil now, you would see a little green sprout peeking it's head out of that black hole.

Since it's our first anniversary we're supposed to get each other something made of paper, Albert made me this and framed it...

It has pictures of our engagement and the words are what he said before he proposed. He had them on his phone and he read them to me, but in all of the excitement I couldn't remember anything he said. I kept begging him to get them for me...he had since given that phone to his dad when we got new phones. So this was a very special gift that I will cherish always.

Comments

Popular Posts