Gluten-free baking

We get Pamela's bread mix shipped to our apartment on a bi-monthly basis from Amazon so we have a lot of it. On the package there is a recipe for bagels so I thought I'd try it out. After mixing the dough and letting it rise for an hour, I poked holes in my round clumps of dough and boiled them for a few seconds before putting them in the oven for 20 minutes.

They taste a lot more like bread than they usually do, but they are still fairly tasty. I'm somewhat impressed with myself :D I think they taste more bagely when toasted. Albert was so excited he insisted on getting some cream cheese.



I made these chocolate chip cookies from the recipe on the back of the chocolate chip bag using the Nearly Normal gluten-free all-purpose flour. It says you can substitute it for wheat flour in any recipe so I wanted to try it out. They're pretty good...very fluffy and moist.

Comments

Popular Posts