Easter Weekend

I happened upon a blog with cute no-bake cookie Easter nests and I determined that when Easter came around I would try my hand at making some of those yummy nests. Then I found a recipe for pretzel nests we wanted to try.

Albert and I made these cute things last weekend. We had no experience working with melting chocolate and we only got a handful made by the time the chocolate decided it was done and we had to stop. Albert built these nests while I stirred the chocolate.




Saturday I decided it was time to finally bust out the gluten-free oatmeal and make my favorite cookies into nests. I was happy with how well they turned out. I just formed them in a cupcake pan.


Sunday afternoon we had a cousins' brunch before Albert and I went to church and after Jake got back from church. I made deviled eggs, but they froze in our very cold fridge so they were pretty much ruined :( Albert made German pancakes and Emily brought a tasty breakfast quiche.

Albert was very sweet and cleaned up all the dishes while I chatted with my cousins and then he played photographer.

Here are the cousins Jake, Emily, and me.


Here we included Emily's husband Lazero and my hubby Albert:


Friday night we went contra dancing with my old roommates Kellee, Kim, and Laura, the significant others, and my cousin Jake. It's a lot of fun and quite the workout. We were soo tired Saturday we didn't do anything except for going to a baptism in the evening where I gave a talk on baptism. I didn't faint so I guess it went well :D

Church was really great. We had a nice program with the choir and a great lesson on peace. It really reminded me how important it is to be a peace maker and not try to get people riled up. I don't think being a peace maker is as much a sought after quality as it should be. People appreciate them, but don't necessarily respect them. I liked the quote by Joseph Smith that said that when you respect others you respect yourself.

After church we went over to Kim and Joe's for dinner and the Wii. I actually beat Albert at cow racing which is a miracle because it is very rare for me to beat Albert at games, esp video games. I do beat him at Phase 10 occasionally.

Comments

Your nests look lovely, I've never seen them that cute before. And it was your first time!
ps, i added you to my blog!

Here is mine if you care or not!

http://hayleyhearsawho.blogspot.com

Popular Posts