Valentine's Day Weekend

After I went to pilates and Albert helped clean the church Saturday morning, we made valentines at the Sackler Gallery of Art in various Asian languages with cool stamps. It was technically for kids, but they let adults in too :D

We stopped by the American History museum, but it was way too busy to really enjoy it so we decided we'll have to go mid-week during lunch sometime so Albert can get some pics. I was amazed at all the long lines.

Saturday night we went to "Taken." It was pretty good. I'd recommend renting it when it comes out. It's a little depressing because it reminded me of the paper I did on sex trafficking at George Mason. I know that they didn't show the worst parts of the whole ordeal. Knowing that it really happens and isn't just a movie really makes me sad. Of course there's a happy ending in the movie which makes the whole premise tolerable.

Sunday I made more bread. Albert's been going through the bread really fast these days making french toast and bread crumbs with it :D I also made my cran-chocolate muffins -- I just took a basic muffin recipe and added a few cranberries and chocolate chips, which go really well together. It had been such a long time since I had a decent muffin. In the afternoon we went to church, which is always nice and uplifting.

Since Monday was a holiday and I didn't have to work we went out to The Prime Rib restaurant for Restaurant Week. They have 3 course meals at fancy restaurant for $20 for lunch and $35 for dinner. We opted for lunch since it was $30 cheaper for the both of us. We both had yummy salads and I had the London Broil while Albert had crab. Both were really good. Then for dessert I had creme brulee (again) while Albert had key lime pie. Yum.

We rented the most recent "The Mummy" movie for our free flick from Red Box. It was pretty good. Rentable. Family friendly. Like all the other Mummy movies in the series.

We had decided to go active duty in either the Army or the Navy as of this morning since we hadn't heard from any of the Natl Guard jobs for which Albert applied. Then he got a call a few minutes ago from Tallahassee and had a phone interview. They said they would get back to him next week on whether or not he got the job. This sort of complicates things. With the Natl Guard job he would work a regular day shift and wouldn't have to worry about getting mobilized to Iraq or Afghanistan, but he wouldn't have much career advancement. So we still haven't decided what we're going to do. He has a meeting with the Navy recruiter today so that might help us decide.

Comments

I am glad you came to pilates!

Popular Posts