Pizza, Capitol Hill, Chinese Dancing

This month I decided to set some new goals and so far we've been pretty good about keeping up with them. I've been studying the newish missionary manual every morning and Albert and I have been reading the Book of Mormon before we go to bed. It's been fun discussing our thoughts on the scriptures and we also read the B.O.M. study manual as we go a long.

I've decided to work out 4-5 times per week and on Saturday mornings I'm going to go to my friend Ali's pilates class at our church. I went last Saturday and was sore until Tuesday. My hips hurt so bad on Monday I walked around like I had a hunch back. Hopefully it won't be so bad tomorrow when I go again :D

Also part of our new goals we've re-committed ourselves to visiting the temple once a month. We didn't make it up there for a few months because of our busy travel schedule so we went Saturday night. Afterwards we decided to grab a pizza at Pizzeria Uno's since they just came out with their gluten-free pizzas. On the car ride down I developed a pretty bad migraine so I just sat in the car while Albert picked up the food. When I got home I immediately went to bed and slept for 3 hours then got up and ate some of my pizza which was pretty good, especially for gluten-free pizza. It wasn't spongy or crumbly and the flavors of the sauce and toppings were good.

On Tuesday morning Albert went to Capitol Hill to see the Senate Budget Committee hearing and the Senate vote on the new stimulus bill. He had a good time and took some excellent pictures.










Here are some pictures from the Botanical Gardens


Tuesday night we went to the Divine Performing Arts performance at the Kennedy Center. It was a mixture of traditional Chinese dance and music. I love watching traditional dancing and the costumes were beautiful. It was a different than what I was expecting in some parts since the performers are mostly from Falun Gong. The songs they sang were religious (they had the words translated on the screen) and they had a couple dances about persecution with guys wearing black with the red communist anchors on the back.

Hint: If you're driving to the Kennedy Center and have to pay for parking, park at the Watergate. It's $10 vs. $17 at the Kennedy Center.

They didn't allow photos (they mentioned this several times and even had signs) so these pics are from their website.


Yesterday Albert went to a free golf lesson he signed up for in the fall. He even received a free golf club so he can practice and was pretty sore, apparently it's a lot harder than he though it would be.

Last night I went to fondu night for Relief Society (women's church organization) which was a lot of fun. I was nervous when I first came into the room because I noticed that all the cockpots loaded with the chocolate fondu had graham crackers sprinkled on it (it looked good, but I can't eat graham crackers) luckily they had missed a small one on one of the tables and I used that one. It was fun talking to all the other women and eating chocolate...can't think of a better way to spend a Thursday night :D

Comments

Dani said…
Albert's photos are really amazing. I'm impressed.

Popular Posts