Friday the 13th

On Friday night Albert and I went to Maggiano's for dinner. I had heard that they had gluten-free pasta so I wanted to check it out. I was really happy with our service. The server had the chef come out to make sure I had all gluten-free food without me even asking.

We had Tomato Caprese for our appetizer...I have taken to ordering appetizers since I can't have the free bread they give out. It was ok. The tomatoes could definitely have stood to be ripened a bit more, which would have given the whole thing more flavor.

For my main course I had Rigatoni 'D' with gf fusilli pasta, herb roasted boneless chicken, mushrooms and onions, tossed in a light Marsala cream sauce and Albert had Baked Ziti & Sausage Italian Sausage which was Pomodoro Sauce and Ziti Topped with a Layer of Melted Provolone & Parmesan Cheeses. Both the server and the chef warned me that the full serving of pasta was quite large, but I had no idea how large until the huge bowl of pasta came out. It must have been 500 g of pasta (usually I eat 125 g and that's pretty filling). It was pretty tasty. The pasta was a little soft, but gf pasta is pretty difficult.


I had two boxes full of pasta left over that I still need to finish off. For dessert we shared a tasty crème brûlée. We will definitely be visiting Maggiano's again in the future.

We decided to open our Valentine's gifts on Friday night because Albert can never wait to open gifts :D We agreed on a $20 limit which made us be a little more creative. He gave me a fuzzy pink robe and chocolates and I have him a toothbrush cleaner. It kills germs with uv rays. I'm not sure how we'll ever be able to tell if it actually works since I don't have my old microscope anymore.

Comments

Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :) I've eaten at Maggiano's once and the portions ARE huge!! Mmmm, I'm craving Italian food now :)

Popular Posts