Yesterday I looked up nutritional information for a bunch of restaurants, mostly chain restaurants, to see if they had food allergy menus or options (I put the results of my findings on the right side of the blog). I was bummed to see that Olive Garden didn't have any information about allergies. Although it's not my favorite, we often end up going there with family and when you aren't in charge it can be inconvenient to protest or eat before. Luckily they wrote me back with a list of approved items from their menu. Of course these are subject to change, but it at least gives me any idea of something I can eat.
In case you have the same problem or you know someone who does, here's the e-mail:
Thank you for your inquiry regarding menu items for Gluten Intolerant guests. We can recommend the following items with some adjustments. Let your server know you are interested in menu items especially for Gluten Intolerance. Your server will be happy to accommodate your request.Salads
- Garden Salad - Order without croutons
- Caesar Salad - Order without croutonsEntrees
- Steak Toscano brushed with Italian herbs and served with grilled vegetables
- Pork Filettino marinated in extra-virgin olive oil and rosemary and served with broccoli and red bell peppers
- Herb-Grilled Salmon brushed with Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil accompanied by broccoli and grilled vegetables
- Mixed Grill - Skewers of grilled steak and chicken marinated in Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil and served with broccoli and grilled vegetables
- Mixed Grill with Chicken only- Skewers of chicken marinated in Italian herbs and extra-virgin olive oil and served with broccoli and grilled vegetables
- Children's Grilled Chicken - Grilled chicken breast served with broccoli and grilled vegetables.While Olive Garden has made an effort to provide complete and current gluten content information, changes in recipes, and the hand crafted nature of our menu items, mean that variations in the ingredient profile of a particular menu item may occur from time to time. Therefore, we make no guarantees regarding the gluten content of any of these items. Guests with gluten intolerance or other special food sensitivities or dietary needs should not rely solely on this information as the basis for deciding whether to consume a particular menu item, and are individually responsible for ensuring that any such menu item meets their individual dietary requirements. Olive Garden assumes no liability for your use of this information. Any medical concerns regarding the consumption of these items should be directed to your physician or other health care provider. If you would like to speak with an Olive Garden representative, please call us at 800-331-2729.