Independance Day weekend

Since Albert had to work on the 4th of July I decided to tag along with my girl friends who went with a large group of singles to the Lincoln Memorial to watch the fireworks. I was concerned it was going to rain and was hesitant to go, but in the few minutes it stopped raining I was convinced that it was going to be ok. Luckily I brought my umbrella because it was pouring when we got out of the metro. The others were all good sports about being soaking wet...I don't think I would have been so pleasant without my umbrella. It was bad enough that my shoes were wet. Here are a few pictures I took with my camera phone of the fireworks. Maybe someday the group pictures that others took will come to me. The fireworks were cool and we had a perfect spot (you can see the Washington Monument in the background). It miraculously stopped raining during the 15 minute firework display.

The next day after Albert woke-up and before he had to go to work again we went down to the Mall and checked out the Folklife Festival, which I keep calling the Heritage Festival. It was pretty cool. We particularly liked the Bhutanese stuff. No one knows that much about Bhutan so it was really neat to see Bhutanese people in their traditional garb and eat their food, which is really spicey btw.

Here are our pictures from our adventures with Bhutan and NASA...click on the Bhutanese temple.

Comments

Popular Posts