Wedding details questionnaire

Occupations: Tiffany provides administrative support to the Information Communications Technology Team at the US Agency for International Development while Albert is active duty with the Army National Guard.


The weather was: Great! It rained all day the day before and the day after, but Saturday was perfect!


What colors did you choose for your wedding? Turquoise and silver


How did the two of you meet? We met at a church activity through a mutual friend.


Describe your engagement: Albert said he wanted to use his new tripod by taking pictures of monuments in DC before our late dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant in Georgetown. Since the fountain at the WWII monument was off we went on the top of the Kennedy Center. He took a bunch of pictures of us and it was freezing when finally he got down on one knee and proposed. He had music playing and read some nice things he had on his phone. It’s really nice to have the pictures of it all.


What attracted me to my husband was: He had me when he offered to drive me to class and pick me up afterward. I thought that was the nicest thing. He’s the nicest guy I’ve ever met and I can tell he loves me. Plus he’s really good looking.


What attracted me to my wife was:


A date we went on that we’ll always remember: My favorite date was Valentine’s Day 2007 right after we started dating. He surprised me with a “homemade” dinner that happened to included an “Awesome Blossom” from Chili’s :D


What was the biggest challenge you had to overcome while planning? Trying to get interviews with our church leaders for temple recommends.


What was your most memorable moment about your wedding day? Albert forgetting to shave and waiting in the temple foyer for our friend to get a razor from his brother.


Scariest moment? Waiting for Albert in the car. I was afraid we were going to be late for our wedding, but even though we left 30 minutes late we were only 5 minutes late.


Funniest moment? My stomach growling really loud during the ceremony and when I forgot my garter and Albert had to buy one at the “Pleasure Palace” on the way down to the church. Oh, and when my cousin got my grandmas to dance to hip hop.


What were your something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue items? My sash was blue and my dress was borrowed. My bra was new, but I didn’t have anything really old.


How was your wedding different than the way you’d always imagined it would be? It was a lot better than I thought it would be. The decorations turned out really nice and the food and cake were great. The pictures taken by the professional photographer turned out way better than I thought. Our family and friends were great to help out. I was disappointed with the flowers. We ended up doing a money dance, which was not at all planned.


Three adjectives that describe the day are: fun, spiritual, and sweet


Did you write your own vows? No. In the temple you just say “yes” and during the ring ceremony we didn’t say anything. We thought about saying something at the ring ceremony, but in the end we figured we’d already be stressed out enough. Neither of us are much for public speaking.


Describe your wedding cake: It was 4 tiered with white butter cream frosting. The bottom layer had turquoise and silver ribbon and there were fresh white and pink ranunculus on the top and a few on the layers. Each layer was decorated differently.


Describe your wedding flowers: We had white ranunculus for the boutonnieres and centerpieces and white and pink ranunculus for the corsages and the flowers on the cake. The bouquet had white ranunculus with bright pink roses and white and pink peonies.


Our favorite detail of the wedding was: I really liked when Albert’s mom read a poem she and his dad had written in Tagalog. I also liked the money dance and all the other dancing.


Where there any special family traditions you included in the wedding? We were married in the LDS Temple, which is not only very religious, but in my family is also a tradition. I have ancestors that were married in the original Nauvoo temple. The money dance is traditional in Albert’s family. We also had homemade egg rolls and Filipino ice cream at our welcome dinner. I think our wedding was probably pretty different for both sides :D

The most unexpected event on our wedding day was: When we got a free shake from Wendy’s while waiting in the parking lot and our friends decorating the car we road in and our hotel room.

Special Details: Albert and I walked down the aisle together at our ring ceremony since we were already married and it made it a lot easier since I have two dads. I danced with both dads during the father/daughter dance which was combined with the mother/son dance. Albert’s mom read a poem she and his dad wrote in Tagalog during the ring ceremony. For our rehearsal lunch we went to the Japanese Steakhouse where we had our first date.

What advice would you give to someone planning their wedding? Eat breakfast even if you’re not hungry and don’t forget to shave or put on your garter.

Comments

Popular Posts