Reception Highlights

Finally I have finished editing all the pictures I have received of our reception. Here are some of my favorites.

Decorations


The food!

The signing table. We used a signing frame instead of book and we borrowed my old roommates orchid which was in bloom.




My cousin Jake was in charge of the I-Pod and our friend Andrew did the emceeing.

Our arch with fake flowers on it. We greeted guests by the arch for the first hour while people ate.

Music: Various standards like Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra

-- Cutting of the Cake --
We cut the cake first so everyone could get a slice, we figured some people would leave early.

Music: "Happy Together" by The Turtles


At first we were nice...


....then Albert shoved it in my face, of course I had to retaliate.

-- The First Dance --

Music: "Sway" by Bic Runga



-- Father/Daughter-Mother/Son Dance --


We decided that we would do both dances at once so people wouldn't get board watching us dance. We figured they could eat cake while we were dancing. This also saved us from having to choose two songs and all sides of the family were entertained.

Music: "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong


Albert and his mom

I have two dads so I first danced with my adopted father then my biological father.

-- Couple's Dance --


We thought it would be fun to get the couples out on the floor. Most people dancing weren't actually couples because we made people dance. Albert got his friends to dance with my friends :D
Music: "Love & Marriage" by Frank Sinatra

-- The Money Dance --



We weren't actually planning to do this, but Albert's mom really wanted to. I wasn't sure how it would go because most of the people there weren't used to doing the money dance and I didn't really know how it was supposed to work. I didn't want people pinning money on my dress so they ended up putting the money in the crowns that Albert's mom made for us to wear. It was a lot of fun and we received lots of compliments for having it. Lots of people said they wanted to have a money dance at their reception too after seeing ours. The girls ended up all dancing with Albert at the same time, while the guys took their turns.

Music: "Upgrade U" by Beyonce feat. Jay-Z

-- General Dancing --



My family impressed many with their dancing skills (T). We did the "Boot, Scoot, n' Boogie" (B)

Come to find out my baby sister is really good at the "Napoleon Dynamite" dance.
Music: "Just Dance" by Jamiroquai

The dancing queen in all her glory

My stud husband really busted out his moves. The best part was when he was on the ground...dang!

We had general dancing for one hour and played a lot of hip hop with a couple slow songs mixed in. We got some compliments on the music selection, which was all mine :D

-- Bouquet Toss --




Since the toss bouquet wasn't looking good by the time Albert took one of our flower arrangements and tied it with ribbon. My friend Rebecca caught it!
Music: "Pretty Woman" by Roy Orbison

-- Garter Toss --




I had actually forgotten to wear the garter so we ended up picking one up at the "Pleasure Palace" in Georgetown on the way from the temple to the church.

Music: "Stripper" by David Rose

The little boy ended up with it and I had to convince him to keep it because he kept trying to give it back to me :D

-- Last Dance --

Music: "At Last" by Ella Fitzgerald

I love this picture of my mom and dad.

-- Goodbye --

My old roommates and friends decorated the car with cake frosting...it was so cute. When we got to our hotel they had put rose petals on the bed in the shape of a heart and had goodies waiting for us, which was a great surprise :D So much fun!

Comments

Popular Posts