T minus 30 days

Only 30 more days til the big day!! I'm anticipating that marriage will be fun. This is sort of a new concept for me since growing up all I've ever heard about marriage is that it's necessary and it's a lot of work, thus most people in my family have gotten a divorce. Mostly I think it's because the women in my family usually choose poorly when choosing a mate and I'm pretty sure I won't have this problem since I'm marrying the most wonderful man I know and we're diligently trying to do it the "right" way.

I think one of the biggest issues with people my age getting married is trying to insulate ourselves from divorce, by getting married later and pursuing career ambitions. I'm not sure what the magic formula for a happy marriage is, but I know that I love Albert and that if I could ever be blissfully happy with anyone for the rest of eternity it would certainly be him. I also really like what Albert's mom said to me back in October when she was here. She said about her marriage that by maintaining their faith in God they have been sustained through the difficult times. That being said I think it is the fact that both of them wanted to make it work and both of them had the faith to do so.

I know that no one can ruin my marriage but Albert and I. There is no outside influence, no person that could work against us that would break up our happiness except for us. Being married in the temple guarentees that our marriage will last for eternity and I believe that since you have to be married for this lifetime before you can be married for eternity, if you maintain your covenants God will make it so. Knowing these things I am able to make one of the most important decisions of my life.

Comments

Popular Posts