4 Simple Goals

Albert's been hogging the computer lately trying to finish up all his school work before the end of the semester so I haven't had the chance to post the pictures from the fun things we've been up to yet.  He promises to be done soon and he'll be gone for his Reserves during the day this weekend so I'll have more time to get things together for next week.

So in the mean time, I was checking out this blog "A Beautiful Mess," which I frequent on a regular basis and she has these 4 simple goals to accomplish by the end of the year and it sounded like fun, which is weird because I got a little turned off by goals in the mission.


Anyway, here are her rules in case it sounds like fun to you too: 
  1. choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.
  2. do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". get what I'm saying? positive actions instead of just the end result!
  3. choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! they can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.
  4. choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! it can be a small or large reward.
  5. blog your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year! I'll be doing this too! links back to this post are appreciated.
 
I have tons of stuff I need to do by the end of the year, with the baby coming in February and all so it's hard to narrow it down to four.  Since they had to be fun, non-results oriented goals I had to scrap de-clutter my entire apartment (not fun) and finish that baby quilt I started in June (results oriented).
  1. Read the scriptures daily. I've been pretty good about this on the weekdays or when Albert's not around in the morning and I really like doing it.  It's hard for me on the weekends, but my goal will be to continue reading on the weekdays at least even after Albert starts school and is around more in the mornings. (It's hard to be motivated to get up early when I'd much rather cuddle for another 15 minutes.)  I also like listening to the Mormon Channel.  I have an app on my i-touch and I listen to it while getting ready in the morning.  Sometimes they have different people on there who tell their stories or like yesterday I got to hear all about Joseph Smith's experience in DC, which was really cool. 
  2. Eat more vegetables and other healthy food.  Since I've been pregnant I haven't wanted to eat anything, especially healthy food.  Since I'm moving into my 2nd trimester I hear that I should be getting my appetite back so I'm hoping that I'll have more desire to eat veggies.
  3. Exercise.  I would say exercise more, but really I haven't exercised in months.  I mostly blame pregnancy for this, but I had stopped before I got pregnant so that's not entirely it's fault.  What is true is that when I come home from work I can barely keep my eyes open let alone get on the elliptical and there have been times when I've stood up for too long and almost passed out so I didn't think it was exactly a good idea to push myself.  I do need to borrow some DVDs from the library and do some yoga or something.  I'm sure I would feel tons better.
  4. Make more jewelry.  For a couple reasons, I haven't been making jewelry anymore and I even got a new supply order in a few months ago I haven't touched.  Mostly I've been too tired and haven't had any desire to do anything, even things I like to do.  So, now that my jewelry-making buddy, Morgan, is back from her summer vacations and I'm feeling a little better, we're going to get back in the groove cause I have some cute stuff just waiting to be made.  Plus I only have four months until Christmas and I need to get going on some of those presents! 
I'm not sure what my reward will be.  All I can think of is ice cream, but that's pretty normal for me these days.  Yummm...ice cream.

Comments

oh i definitely need to exercise more as well...i'm SO out of shape it's not even funny.

Popular Posts