Washington Folk Festival
Saturday morning Albert and I got up at 7:15 and went to our new zumba class. Apparently they were doing an aerobathon, where you do aerobics all day, so they had food, drinks, and a raffle. Albert won the first raffle of the day! He got a t-shirt, water bottle, resistance cord, and a hat. They took all these pictures of him with his loot while shaking hands with the guy giving him the goods. I was laughing so hard, it was like he won a medal of honor or something. We had a pretty good time exercising/dancing. Hopefully we can keep it up!
After breakfast we went up to Maryland for the 29th Annual Washington Folk Festival at Glen Echo Park (an old amusement park). It was a beautiful day and we got to see some new things, which was fun.
After breakfast we went up to Maryland for the 29th Annual Washington Folk Festival at Glen Echo Park (an old amusement park). It was a beautiful day and we got to see some new things, which was fun.
They had the old-fashioned carousel running:

There was a lot of music:

(The people in the bottom left picture are playing Swedish Key Fiddles)

(cute little boy accompaning his dad on the harmonica)
(another cute kid playing the drums)
We checked out all the goods people were selling:

(T to B: Lego covered books, glass fish, hand made clothes, spoon rests made of old bottles)



We checked out some Romanian dancing in the ballroom:


(T to B: Lego covered books, glass fish, hand made clothes, spoon rests made of old bottles)



We checked out some Romanian dancing in the ballroom:

They had calligraphy and tie-dye crafts for the kiddies.
My favorite part was the glass blowing. We couldn't see very well because there wasn't much room for spectators, but it was still enjoyable:

Some of his finished work for sale:

I was really digging this old trolley. I didn't know anything about trolley parks until I read the plaque:

When we were walking back to the car we passed by these two vehicles with amusing bumper stickers:

(I thought the first one was funny since he was so enthusiastic about Detroit, yet driving a Toyota)




Comments