Our busy weekend
Although I'm no trekkie, Friday night we went to see Star Trek with our friends Kim & Joe. I had some pretty high expectations going into it. Kim & Joe had already seen the movie and deemed it good enough to see twice in the theatre and it got a lot of high reviews.
I'd seen the tv show a few times as a kid, but my lack of knowledge of the franchise didn't matter, it was fantastic! If I wasn't too self-conscious I would have clapped at the end. If you are going to the theatre and haven't checked this out, do it now please! (My cop brother said that if you want someone to do something you say "do it now!". My more polite mother added the "please" and found that it works just the same.)
On Saturday night we went with our friends Shaunel & Mark bowling. It was mostly eventful for me because I somehow manged to get 3 strikes (2 of them in a row) and beat everyone, although I didn't even break 100! I know shocker!
I know you are all on pins and needles waiting to find out how our big church Asian potluck that we were put in charge of planning went Sunday. Well, it was a lot of work and hardly anyone brought dessert (much to the dismay of all the kids who kept asking me where the desserts were), but we got lots of compliments and there was quite a bit of food. Our church is 3 hrs long so we set up tables and chairs during the 2nd hour and warmed-up food and set it out during the 3rd hour. While everyone was eating I washed dishes, tons of them. We thankfully had quite a few helpers to fill up the water, take out the garbage, and then take down everything once we were done.
After we determined that the kitchen was pretty clean, we went to Joe's surprise birthday party put on by his wife, Kim (see Friday night). It was fun to see all my friends from the single days, one of which recently discovered that she has Celiac. We've determined that we need to have a gluten-free dinner at some point.


Comments